The New Congregational Church

C_025_CongoChurch.jpg

Title

The New Congregational Church

Description

After their original church burned in 1905, the congregation re-built. The new church had a stained glass window in the front. The old bell, which survived the fire, hangs in the new belfry. To the left of the church is the John & Jane Severance House.

Date

1906

Subject

Marshfield (Vt.)--Photographs
Church buildings--Vermont--Marshfield

Source

Marshfield Historical Society

Rights

This image is presented for research and educational purposes only

Format

black-white photograph

Identifier

C_025_CongoChurch

Repository

Marshfield Historical Society, Old Schoolhouse Common, 121 School St. Marshfield, VT 05658

Citation

“The New Congregational Church,” Digital Vermont: A Project of the Vermont Historical Society, accessed July 12, 2020, https://www.digitalvermont.org/MarshfieldStoryProject/C_025_CongoChurch.