25 School Street, Miniature Golf

MiniatureGolf016.jpg
MiniGolfNow.jpeg

Title

25 School Street, Miniature Golf

Creator

Carnahan, Paul

Description

A miniature golf course in downtown Montpelier? How cool would that be? Such an attraction existed at 25 School Street for one year glorious year. The golf course, the brain-child of Dr. H. C. Minott and Glenn George, opened in September 1930. The course was immensely popular with residents but the Depression was raging and the course was sold to Morris Gould in October 1931. He ran charity tournaments for the unemployed in November and announced plans to move the course to his home on Northfield Street. It is not clear if that plan materialized, but in 1952 a new New England Telephone and Telegraph building was constructed on the School Street site.

Publisher

The Bridge, June 9, 2021, pg. 3

Date

1931; 2021

Source

Vermont Historical Society Picture Collection

Format

jpeg

Repository

Leahy Library, Vermont Historical Society, 60 Washington Street, Suite 1, Barre, Vermont 05641

Geolocation

Citation

Carnahan, Paul, “25 School Street, Miniature Golf,” Digital Vermont: A Project of the Vermont Historical Society, accessed July 19, 2024, https://www.digitalvermont.org/items/show/4316.