This house is located on the north side of the old Route 2, between South Hero "Corners" and the Old White Meeting House. The original date of its construction is unknown, though the 1857 Walling's Map gives the first indication of its existence and lists the occupant as C (possibly Curtis) Martin. The 1871 Beer's Map lists Oscar E. Hall, son of Lorenzo Hall, as the house's occupant. At the time this photo was taken, the house was owned by Orson D. Fifield, who operated the nearby general store with Juan Robinson. In recent years, Orson's son Fiske H. Fifield owns the house.
Fifield, Fiske, “Hall House,” Digital Vermont: A Project of the Vermont Historical Society, accessed October 2, 2023, https://www.digitalvermont.org/items/show/2764.